This is a fairly short story. I started running in 2012, having realised that being 15st made me obese. It was an eye opening experience to find out that after 3 lots of 30s runs I was completely exhausted.
Since starting I have complete a hand full of races, as I find running for me is about being efficient and enjoying the act, not racing.
The following is a list of events and solo efforts that I have completed
- Ikano Nottingham Half Marathon – 2013
- Edale Skyline – 2014 and fully barefoot in 2015
- Trigger Race – 2014
- The Fellsman – 2014 & 2015 (partially barefooted with special dispensation)
- Dusk till Dawn – 2013
- Tissington Trail Half Marathon – 2014
- Various local fell races in the Peak District
- Land’s End to John O’Groats #BareFootLeJog – 1162 miles Barefoot, Solo, Unsupported in 38 days during the summer of 2015
- High Peak 40 Marathon – 2015
- Roaches Fell Race – Partly barefoot 2015
- Dusk Till Dawn Ultra – 2015
- Tour de Helvellyn – 2015